The Egyptian Meteorological Authority warned citizens across the country, including Alexandria, Matrouh, Kafr el-Sheikh, Port Said, Cairo, and Giza, of heavy rains and strong winds on Monday, which will extend to Tuesday in some areas.
EMA said that this spree of bad weather will continue for another 24 hours.
It will be accompanied by strong winds that will plow up dust and sand, with frost cover in some areas and temperatures two degrees below zero.
Rain will fall in 15 governorates with occasional thunder.
Water accumulation places in Cairo
- The entrance and end of Fardous Bridge
- Salah Salem
- Beginning and end of Tayaran Bridge, to Cairo Airport direction
- The entrance and end of Abdel Razek Al-Sanhoury Bridge
- Al-Nasr Road in front of the podium
- Al-Nasr Road intersection with Abbas Al-Akkad
- The entrance and end of al-Fangary Bridge
- El-Sallab Bridge
- Mostafa El-Nahhas St., with Makram Ebeid
- Ain Shams St., in front of Al-Tawheed Wal Noor
- Ain Shams St. with Ali Pasha Al-Laly St
- Roxy Square
- Under Abdel Hamid Badawy Bridge
- Al-Salam Tunnel
- Entrance and end of Herafeen Bridge
- Joseph Tito axis
- Axis of a million trees
- Martyr’s axis
- The Northern Area:
- Shubra st with Shokalany st
- Ahmed Badawy Tunnel
- The entrance of October Bridge from Ahmed Badawy and Manzil
- Abu Hashish Tunnel
- The beginning of al-Qobba Bridge
- Rod Al-Farag axis
- Abboud Tunnel
- Abu Wafia Bridge end
- Al-Azhar tunnel end from Salah Salem
- Entrance of October Bridge from Ramses and Abdel Moneim Riad Square
- The End and entrance to al-Qolali Tunnel
- Mohamed Farid Square
- Port Said St., in front of the Security Directorate
- Bab Al-Shaeria Square
- Al-Azhar St
- The end and beginning of Asher Bridge
- The house and the beginning of the Alabajia Bridge
- The end and entrance of the Sayeda Aisha Bridge
- Beginning of Salah Salem to Mokattam
- The entrance and end of Tonsy bridge
- Nile Corniche, below the Ring Road
- International Salam Bridge
- Abbas Bridge
- Foum Al-Khaleej Square
- Religions Complex
- Al-Abtal Club
- Saraya Square
- At the Constitutional Court
- Kotsika Bridge end
- In front Of Helwan University
- In front of Helwan metro station
- Zahraa al-Maadi in front of Khair Zaman Supermarket
- Magra Al-Ouon
Alexandria will see some of heaviest winds and rains, with continued hail in some areas such as Al-Manshiyya and Al-Nabi Daniel Street, in addition to a very noticeable drop in temperatures.
The corniche witnessed a sharp rise in the waves, and Alexandria governorate is witnessing unstable weather conditions, with heavy rain intermittently throughout the coastal city, in light of the sea waves rising to about 4-5 meters in some areas.
Monday’s rains are expected to be of varying intensity over more than half of Egypt’s governorates.
Unstable weather prevails from the north of the country to northern Upper Egypt, and winds will be active, blowing up to sand and dust.
The weather will be very cold at night in all parts of the country, and snow is formed on the heights of Sinai, while it is cold during the day in Cairo and Alexandria and extends to northern Upper Egypt and the eastern coasts, while cold weather prevails on the western coasts.
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm