Health Minister Hatem el-Gabali said in an official statement that the situation of H1N1, also known as swine flu, in Egypt is stable and under control, with only 28 deaths and 1388 infections.
The minister also mentioned that school attendance is better in the provinces than in Cairo, where parents are very anxious. "It is a weak virus," he explained. "Most cases recover by just resting at home and without taking medication."
On Sunday the health ministry announced the 29th swine flu death of 45-year-old Hassan Abdel Meguid from Minya, while 15 more infections were reported in seven different provinces.
Cairo Airport quarantine director Hassan Shaaban said an Egyptian pilgrim coming back from Mecca had been quarantined on Sunday due to suspicions that he had contracted H1N1. The first case of H1N1 among Egyptian pilgrims was that of Mustafa Metwalli from Suez, who is being treated in Saudi Arabia.
Translated from the Arabic Edition.